Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
- Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Participates in department meetings
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to the Front Office staff.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve departmental service.
- Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rhodesfield, Johannesburg, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A