At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- Capacity and Availability Planning and reporting
- Provide support and guidance to all departments to ensure efficiency throughout the hotel
- Ensure that the day to day tasks are actioned and delegated accordingly
- Effectively co-ordinate and organize the day to day operations of the IT Department Deliver customer service in accordance with the agreed SLA’s
- 2nd level problem solving, research solutions for underlying problems
- Assist in the control of IT related operational expenditure, and budget management
- Monitor suppliers in accordance with the agreed SLA’s
- Ensure that the highest standards of services in the IT departments are maintained and developed at all times.
- System documentation in accordance with Change Management Policies
- Ensure that all Marriott information security and audit standards are adhered to.
- PCI DSS & POPI Compliancy implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for all aspects of the Hotel network, including hardware, software and outsourced support.
- Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Experienced in supporting hotel IT infrastructure (preferred)
- At least 4 years in the IT field and a minimum of 1-year experience within a hospitality environment
- People orientated and results driven
- CCNA or Min 3 years switching experience
- Must have working knowledge of NEC PABX for 1st line support
- Professional communication and email etiquette,
- Administrative skills on Opera PMS
- Professional Disposition and Team Player
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Thorough understanding of Wireless networking using Ruckus
- ITIL Fundamentals(advantageous))
- HP switches, VLANS, TCP/IP and Routing
- Simphony POS knowledge and administrative skills
- Strong and effective planning and organizing skills to ensure operational efficiencies
- Ability to work without supervision and within a team
- Full Microsoft and Microsoft Server literacy
- Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
- MCSE (preferred) / MCTIP (Or equivalent)
- Ability to use Initiative and be proactive and self-driven
- Driver’s License with own transport (preferred)
- IT tertiary qualification (degree or diploma)
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A