Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Compose, type, and transmit correspondence; type/merge, red-line, and transmit legal documents.
- Track correspondence requiring responses and keep attorneys apprised of status.
- The position will support up to four attorneys on a legal team in the areas of Operations and Asset Management, and, if requested, will provide overflow support to the Chief Legal Counsel for EMEA. The role might support additional positions as the team structure changes. Position will report to the VP & Assistant General Counsel for Operations and Asset Management in Europe, Middle East & Africa.
- Act as liaison between the attorney and other Marriott employees and outside counsel.
- Handle all travel arrangements, prepare expense reports.
- Support the entire legal team with any reasonable requests.
- Create and maintain desk files and permanent files, including up-to-date filing, assist attorney/paralegal in: data entry and maintenance of practice area’s contract database and database reporting (TeamConnect and iManage); update and maintenance of all forms, agreements, disclosure documents and Share Point Sites.
- Review all incoming mail and bring priority items to the recipient’s attention.
- Screen telephone calls; handle matters not requiring the recipient’s attention; refer calls to other appropriate parties for handling; organize meetings and conference calls.
- Coordinate and maintain calendars for attorneys.
- Prepare, revise, edit, and proofread extensive correspondence and legal documents.
Prepare for transaction closings including preparation of execution documents and powers of attorney.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Fast, accurate typing.
- Excellent judgment.
- Professional demeanor.
- Diligence, strong work ethic and ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent word processing and spelling/grammar/proofreading skills.
- Strong skills with MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Proficiency or capacity to learn to utilize Teams/Sharepoint and database programs such as Imanage and TeamConnect mandatory.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage multiple tasks and high volume.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to continually changing workload priorities.
- Previous experience in a law firm or corporate law department with a transactional/commercial legal practice preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of five years of secretarial experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A