We are seeking a Taxonomy Strategist who has experience with and passion for bringing structure to large-scale, disparate databases and vocabularies that support the many unique attributes of movies, shows and games. Your experience includes implementing best practices and driving adoption of taxonomies. The taxonomies this person develops will support content metadata that can be both technical and creative in nature. You must be adept at setting up users for success in applying both objective and subjective points of metadata. You will be responsible for scoping, creating, and maintaining data dictionaries, controlled vocabularies, schema governance, and data integrity/enforcement.
- Establishing maintenance systems for taxonomies.
- Auditing existing taxonomies and improving their efficiency.
- Reviewing other taxonomies and collaborating with Taxonomy Team colleagues.
- Ensuring metadata is defined such that its integrity will not be compromised by cultural bias.
- Establishing a governance framework for taxonomies.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to support taxonomies.
- Working closely with engineering partners to identify solution requirements, including tooling and intuitive UI for metadata application.
- Reconciling disparate taxonomies and metadata across teams.
- Evangelizing the importance of the adoption of common taxonomies.
- Defining new taxonomies and metadata related to both the technical and creative attributes for movies, shows and games.
- Working with team experts to develop training materials and sessions.
- Surveying and interviewing stakeholders and observing current workflows.
- Working with subject matter experts to define workflows and standards for metadata application.
- Familiarity with software development cycles and practices.
- Ability to influence across various function groups.
- Able to work with and manage multiple stakeholders’ expectations and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
- Experience working in the entertainment industry.
- Experience defining and developing taxonomy and metadata schemas.
- Ability to set goals and work independently in a highly cross-functional, non-hierarchical workplace.
- Interest in Information Architecture, User Experience and/or Human Computer Interaction.
- Experience working in a high-volume content environment.
- Interest in Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence capabilities.
- Familiarity with Ontologies and Graph Models.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with systems shared across internal teams and vendors.
- Experience with Rights Management.
- Experience working with a global catalog, consumer-facing experiences, and creative content like movies, shows and games.
- BS in related fields: Data Management, Computer Science, Library & Information Science.
- Experience with DAMS and/or MAMS.
- Experience working in a global context, sensitive to regional requirements.
- Experience with Multilingual Taxonomies.
- Experience establishing a governance system.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Gatos, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A