This is a newly configured, exciting role – bringing together many facets of our internal title protection work under one lead. The ideal candidate will have deep experience (5 years+) of running a global notice and takedown program (including external vendor management), analyzing specific title piracy trends and other key data insights, and managing a team. They will also have broad exposure to industry alliance-led content protection initiatives and experience working with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google and other well-known online platforms. This person will be a key partner and advisor to our internal content and marketing teams, and will build and maintain relationships with external partners in the anti-piracy space (e.g. trade associations, platforms, vendors, peer companies). We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial attitude who thrives on leading a team and driving initiatives, and who will be a key part of developing our existing internal program even further.
- Working closely cross-functionally with our internal teams, including content acquisition and marketing teams, on title coverage.
- Evaluating new technological solutions to tackle piracy online.
- Partnering closely with platforms, including YouTube and Facebook on content protection tools and developing collaborative relationships with other key platforms.
- Working closely on data analytics with our own industry research team specialist.
- Providing support for gathering data on pirate streaming sites, cyberlockers, and other pirate platforms.
- Liaising internally among policy, business and legal teams to develop improvements in knowledge sharing.
- Building and managing stakeholder relationships with peers at the Motion Picture Association and our content partners.
- Building a dynamic and impactful coverage strategy for our slate of titles.
- Leading our internal title protection efforts, including managing several members of the Content Protection team.
- Analyzing team/vendor findings on an ongoing basis, and providing regular reporting on key title/piracy insights and analytics, drawing out trends that will impact our coverage strategy.
- Collaborating with the rest of the anti-piracy team (based in London, LA and Singapore) on global anti-piracy initiatives.
- Managing external vendor coverage, including driving improvements and assessing alternate coverage, including trials and bake-offs.
- Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A