Website The Hospital for Sick Children
The Epic Interface Specialist is the primary support contact for assigned interfaces in relationship to Epic and other assigned applications including biomedical devices. Interface Specialists coordinate the analysis, technical design, and all issue triage necessary to implement and support their assigned interfaces.
- Manages the entire cycle of interface application development, including analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live and on-going support using the Rhapsody Interface Engine between the various applications (Epic, Pharmacy Technologies – Omnicell, BD Cato, etc).
- Drives the interface projects, working with the interface manager to ensure that results are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Provides proactive support by monitoring live interfaces and collaborating with experts to provide permanent resolutions to problems.
- Responsible for coordinating various interface specific tasks and activities such as testing, build, conversion/cutover/planning, and go-live support by engaging subject matter experts, vendors, and interface engine developers.
- Coordinates the analysis, technical design, build, testing, on-going monitoring and all issue triage/resolution necessary to implement and support assigned interfaces and inter-system integration points.
- Works with stakeholders, including subject matter experts and third-party application experts to determine business needs for interfaces, document the requirements, and configure the interfaces per the requirements.
- Works closely with the stakeholders such as the application teams, technical teams and internal/ external members to ensure that interfaces meet the needs of the end users, while maintaining high security standards.
- Works with the 3rd party system support to develop data-translation routines and methods to support Epic’s external systems’ data and format needs, and develop the interface using Rhapsody Interface Engine.
- Able to learn in a self-directed, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience and Certified in Epic Bridges.
- Experience supporting and/or implementing moderately complex integration projects, is required.
- Hands-on knowledge of Health Level 7 (HL7) and Extensive Markup Language (XML) messaging standards and structures required.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-communication-channel environment.
- Experience developing SMART on FHIR applications is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate activities involving multiple players, including vendors, subject matter experts, interface engine developers, and end users, to design, configure, and test interfaces.
- Healthcare application experience required.
- Technical training in UNIX/Linux and/or Windows, technical infrastructure in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Strong analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and clearly communicate solutions.
- Ability to understand organizational requirements and their impact on the technical aspects of a solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent is required.
- Minimum four years’ experience in hospital information with an understanding of translating data from one system to another, interfacing techniques system workflow, working knowledge of data feeds and integration engine technologies.
- Experience with HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standard is preferred.
- Experience using Interface Engines, preference for Orion Rhapsody Interface Engine.
- Skilled at tracking tasks, defining next steps, identifying owners, and holding people accountable.
Company: The Hospital for Sick Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A