The Relief Pharmacist will provide pharmacy services and support to customers, medical practitioners and other retail pharmacies working shifts scheduled by the Relief Coordinator. Responsible to work within assigned territory achieving excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and professional clinical services. Actively contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Exceed customer expectations through ROLES efficiencies
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Coach pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants (if applicable)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Responsible for understanding all PROfile offerings and providing each customer with the program that meets their health needs including but not limited to:
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
Pill Pack Plus
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Injection Certification
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A