Website The University of British Columbia
At Mérida Labs we are looking for a motivated and solution-oriented postdoctoral fellow. The project is in partnership with Carbon Engineering Ltd. Carbon Engineering is a company that captures CO2 directly from the air. Mérida Labs and Carbon Engineering are collaborating in new cost-effective ways to produce hydrogen.
As the team leader of hydrogen production and electrochemistry, you will have the opportunity to develop this line of research. Your first task will be to work with our partner Carbon Engineering to further develop the testbed. You will support and mentor student teams and will work towards expanding the relationship and the research goals.
- The fellowship will be for a one-year appointment, renewable, subject to a performance assessment.
- The position is available from now until it is filled. Review of applications will begin on March 31st, 2022.
- Interested candidates with a Ph.D. in chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science or related field completed within the last 3 years are encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to candidates with experimental experience with electrochemistry, and experience with electrolyzers or fuel cells.
- The survey information will not be used to determine eligibility for employment but will be collated to provide data that can assist us in understanding the diversity of our applicant pool and identifying potential barriers to the employment of designated equity group members.
- Your participation in the survey is voluntary and anonymous.
- This survey takes only a minute to complete.
- You may self-identify in one or more of the designated equity groups.
- You may also decline to identify in any or all of the questions by choosing “not disclosed”.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, USA
Application Deadline: N/A