Website The University of British Columbia
Positions in this classification are responsible for operating a central tool crib and the receiving, storing, distribution and inventory control of tools, equipment, furniture, supplies and related material.
- Arranges for the renting of tools, equipment and other supplies not available in the department to designated areas.
- Provides training to borrowers in the proper handling and operation of all tools, equipment, furniture, and other supplies under the control of the tool crib and store.
- Provides expertise and advice to users on the usage, maintenance, and selection of tools, equipment, furniture, supplies and other related materials.
- Performs distribution activity of transferring materials between campus stocking locations.
- Performs routine maintenance of tools, equipment and other supplies for the entire department and for all trades; inspects items for damage and operating condition and stores in appropriate location; repairs or makes arrangement for the repair or replacement of damaged items.
- Receives, stores, and distributes tools, equipment, furniture and other supplies. Performs regular inventory checks and random spot checks to ensure all items are maintained and accounted for.
- Engages in a ‘Customer First’ attitude in all internal and external customer facing activities.
- Sources out new tools, equipment, furniture and other supplies requested by shops; facilitates procurement, makes recommendations and estimates, obtains quotations. Purchases tools, equipment, furniture and other supplies in accordance with departmental guidelines and processes.
- Documents and maintains manual and electronic records of all items as required by established or new procedures.
- High School graduation. Valid B.C. Driver s License.Minimum 5 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency, with ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Effective time management and demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook in particular) and inventory management
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A