Website University Health Network
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,600 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
- A Clinical Research Analyst is being sought to help conduct clinical research on patients with dementia.
- The Clinical Research Analyst applies fundamental knowledge of research principles, theories and concepts; applies knowledge of research regulations and guidelines, such as ICH/GCP guidelines, Tri-Council Policy, Declaration of Helsinki and FDA CFR and Health Canada TPD, as required, knowledge of medical terminology and/or dealing with regulatory issues.
- Working under the supervision of senior staff, the Research Analyst I exercises moderate judgment and decision-making in utilizing established policies and procedures to resolve problems.
- This may include: conducting telephone and/or clinical recruitment interviews to collect study participant data using established criteria; preparing detailed notes of all interactions with participants and transfers data to appropriate systems; assisting with participant recruitment and completion of study procedures; coordinating study visits; coordinating activities amongst study personnel; assisting with the modification and maintenance of electronic and paper data management systems; assisting with submissions to Research Ethics Board; conducts patient clinical, behavioral and neuropsychological assessments, ensures accurate and timely data collection, organizes collection, storage and shipment of biological samples, and other related clinical research tasks.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in health related field
- Excellent excellent organization, prioritization skills, good computer skills
- Knowledge of IATA shipping regulations and basic laboratory procedures, as required
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
Qualification & Experience:
- At minimum, one (1) year related experience required, experience in medical or research environment preferred
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team in a health care setting an asset
- Knowledge of research regulations and guidelines, such as ICH/GCP guidelines, Tri-Council Policy, Declaration of Helsinki and FDA CFR and Health Canada TPD, as required
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A