Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Provide construction management and supervision within the construction group.
- Work openly and responsibly with employees and their representatives to maintain a harmonious working environment in accordance with the Collective Agreement(s).
- Administer construction contracts.
- Through collateral relationships with respect to Construction Services, Project Management, Contract Management & Engineering Services and within context provided by the Director of Construction Services and the Superintendent Construction Services, through corporate strategies and policies provide the following:
- Work closely with operating staff to minimize disruption to existing facilities and to ensure that the work of one group does not affect the safety of another.
- Identify areas of deficiencies and promote productivity and process improvement to reduce costs, rework and increase safety.
- Provide input to Project Execution Plans and the associated schedules and estimates.
- Ensure a safe working environment through training and the application of safe work methods and safety procedures and promote the Internal Responsibility Systems (IRS).
- Organize and coordinate resources to execute the team’s projects.
- Accountable for construction costs, schedule, safety, product quality and environmental performance.
- Requires 10 to 12 years related experience with demonstrated progressive supervisory experience
- Developing Others – take action to foster the long-term learning and development of others.
- Client-Service Orientation – desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs.
- Strategic Business Thinking – ability to apply their practical, technical knowledge and experience to making management decisions for achieving business objectives.
- Knowledgeable of the various Collective Agreements applicable to trades (BTU, CUSW, Labourers, Carpenters, Operating Engineers etc.), technical (Society & PWU)
- Requires experience in construction management and the supervision of trades involved in the construction of multiple transformation, regulation, switching station projects, generating stations switchyards, Green Energy Line Taps and 115kV to 500kV wood pole and steel transmission lines/structures.
- Team Leadership – ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group.
- Impact and Influence – able to persuade, convince, influence others.
- Achievement Motivation – concern for working well or for competing against a standard of excellence.
- Team Work – able to work with others as part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Must have knowledge of transmission lines and station construction methods necessary to execute construction projections in a safe, efficient manner.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A