Website Hydro One
This role will be accountable for all aspects of delivering & executing a customer program such as Non-energy Billing, Contact Handling, Billing, Distribution Generation or Collections. The Manager is accountable to build the necessary team, strategy and processes to effectively and efficiently deliver the program. The Manager is accountable to design and develop strategy for service delivery including managing SLAs and the Division’s relationship with service providers, as well as for a role to set the external communications positioning for business activities and new communication programs or needs.
- Accountable for incorporating best in class processes into program delivery such as: Customer Intelligence, Customer Satisfaction, Vendor Management
- Provide input to strategic satisfaction measures for Company scorecards, performance contracts, SLAs, business planning or risk management; arrange for data collection required to monitor and report on measures
- Work closely with service providers and Information Technology (IT) staff to facilitate required changes.
- Contribute to annual customer satisfaction program related to Hydro One Networks customer service activities. Source external suppliers as required, implement surveys or other methods of data collection, analyze and interpret data. Establish customer needs, expectations and drivers for satisfaction. Recommend areas of dissatisfaction, of service improvements, and provide data required to support recommendations, investment decisions and work program development
- Through negotiations and business dealings with senior executives at the service provider firms and internal LOB’s, be responsible for planning, negotiating, and monitoring the delivery of these sustainment programs& external service providers.
- Manage the Division’s delivery needs through various service providers. Prepare work requirements documentation to be part of the SLAs, reporting and measurement/metric requirements. Establish means to promote cost reductions and quality improvements through contracts. Act as contract manager for service needs through contract negotiations, contract approvals and reporting. Recommend and manage a process to implement new or unplanned work with service providers.
- Develop customer delivery sustainment program objectives and strategies in support of broader corporate financial and customer goals.
- Develop or source customer information or data to meet the intelligence needs for the Division, including the Division’s input to planning and investment decisions or to provide Customer Service input to processes outside the Division
- Providing a safe and healthy work environment:
- Providing a work environment that supports and values diversity and is free from harassment
- Translating the Department’s goals and objectives into a direction which guides the operation of the business
- Ensuring every reasonable precaution is taken for the protection of the environment, the assets and subordinates providing for security of human, physical and information resources
- Defining specific tasks for subordinates required to achieve the desired results and/or to accommodate the changes required within the business operations
- Assessing staff capability to do the required work now and in the future
- Knowing and ensuring own and subordinates’ compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and all policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the business
- Ensuring subordinates are able and willing to produce the desired output
- Providing a work environment and facilities where health and safety incidents are minimized and employees are not dissatisfied
- Knowing and ensuring that subordinates comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, local policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices related to their work
- Establishing a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes affecting their work, and establishing continuous improvement program opportunities
- Demonstrating stewardship of the assets and resources:
- Maintaining a team of subordinates who are capable of producing the outputs required:
- Providing leadership to subordinates so that they collaborate competently, and with full commitment with each other in pursuing the goals set:
- Conducting personal effectiveness reviews of subordinates to build relationships, trust, and to improve their effectiveness
- Providing subordinates with appropriate knowledge, skills, information, work procedures and equipment to facilitate responsible behaviour, which will protect their safety and contribute to their health
- Setting appropriate context for subordinates (i.e., strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations from continuous improvement, etc.) setting an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work of the unit
- Communicating that direction to staff
Qualification & Experience:
- Business focus – ability to understand business objectives and translate them into requirements and solutions.
- Requires experience in understanding of developments and changes with respect to electricity industry structure and market rule and code changes and their corresponding impacts on customers.
- Requires a knowledge and familiarity with computers and computer applications, and computerized management information systems.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to supervise, foster positive working relationships and the ability to provide effective team leadership, including performance monitoring, evaluation and feedback.
- Requires a knowledge of business administration, financial modeling, and cost/benefit principles and techniques.
- Requires extensive knowledge in working with customer facing initiatives.
- Extensive demonstrated leadership and managerial competency in managing a team of professionals, establishing priorities and adapting to changing conditions.
- Requires experience in providing services in a highly competitive market where a strong Customer focus is of paramount importance.
- Demonstrated experience with handling business management and project management issues with specific emphasis on Customer Care and associated IT Platforms and applications
- Requires a good command of the English language, both verbal and written skills, to communicate effectively with customers, develop and give presentations to various internal and external groups.
- Requires a knowledge of such disciplines as business administration, social sciences, digital media and marketing to establish and maintain good customer and public relationships including resolving customer complaints and concerns, identifying emerging trends and develop strategies to respond to trends, issues, conflicts and concerns.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A