Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Develop and obtain approval for the overall distribution system investment plan.
- Support the Director, Distribution Asset Management in implementing the department’s goals and objectives by providing effective and visible leadership to develop and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Provide input to the Distribution Equipment and Construction Standards used in the construction of distribution assets.
- Provide information, analysis and recommendations related to asset sales to third parties and related to Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Develop planning methodologies to ensure safe, reliable, cost effective and efficient distribution system operation.
- Be familiar with all distribution system industry direction and advocate on behalf of Hydro One on distribution related matters.
- Prepare documentation that provides the appropriate level of detail for all distribution investments for submission to the Ontario Energy Board to acquire the necessary funding to manage the distribution business in an efficient and effective manner.
- Develop specific programs and projects to support corporate sustainment of reliability initiatives and distribution system renewal needs with a focus on modernizing the distribution system through deployment of cost-effective advanced distribution system technologies.
- Develop specific programs and projects, to ensure the sustainment of Distribution Assets while meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Review asset failure investigations and implement recommended improvements assigned to Distribution Asset Management.
- Develop planning methodologies that ensure safe reliable and efficient system operation.
- Monitor the execution of all released programs and projects to ensure effective and timely completion of work.
- Monitor all distribution system equipment capacity, condition, performance, criticality, environmental impact and operational efficiency.
- Other duties as required.
- Monitoring and analyzing Distribution Assets and ensuring optimal lifecycle plans are developed and create value for our customers.
- Develop distribution system planning strategies and planning guidelines to achieve corporate objectives.
- Knowledge of regulatory processes associated with rate filings and developing associated evidence
- Familiarity with asset management concepts including PAS 55/ISO 5500 and their application to planning and managing the electric distribution system in Ontario.
- Experience with regulatory filings and associated processes.
- Familiarity with the business planning process.
- Sets Priorities.
- Business Acumen.
- Requires knowledge of the Transmission System Code, Distribution System Code and Conditions of Service.
- Experience working within the electric utility industry is required
- Team Player.
- Managerial courage.
- Familiarity with distribution and transmission information systems.
- Experience with distribution system components and design limitations.
- Familiarity with Public Information Sessions related to new Transmission and Distribution facilities.
- Builds Customer and Stakeholder Support.
- Drives for Results.
- Familiarity with the Provincial Lines and Forestry and Engineering and Project Delivery organizations.
- Requires knowledge of asset management principles and practices as well as finance and business administration to develop and implement strategies and plans
- Experience with distribution and/or transmission system planning including capital replacement and maintenance planning and processes.
- Requires knowledge of engineering principles used in planning for the electric distribution system and lifecycle management. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training
- Requires experience in a planning function of Hydro One or similar sized utility.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A