Website Johnson & Johnson
The Associate Scientist within Analytical Characterization R&D at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care develops, optimizes, validates, and transfers a variety of analytical methods with technical supervision and in accordance with department procedures. As part of our team, you will recognize, diagnose, and correct instrument and method problems for various analytical techniques. You will also participate on project teams and present data within the department and/or project teams with appropriate analysis and write technical reports with supervisory input.
- Participate in Analytical Chemistry activities related to the development of new contact lens, consumer eye health and intraocular lens products.
- Perform assigned scientific experiments and procedures under limited supervision.
- Provide solutions to problems of limited to moderate scope of complexity and exercise judgment within generally defined policies and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Assist in writing and updating protocols, test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in quality/compliance improvements, specifically measurement system analysis and measurement system improvement related to analysis of raw materials, prototype lenses, solutions and clinical supply lenses.
- Collect, analyze, and compile data then summarizes data for interpretation by supervisor.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and design of experiments is beneficial.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external resources to meet project objectives is required.
- Basic understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of Analytical Chemistry is required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills is required.
- Familiarity with LIMS is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Chemistry, Physics or Material Science with 0-2 years of work experience in Chemistry.
- Knowledge of chromatography and mass spectrometry is beneficial.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A