Website Johnson & Johnson
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for the daily customer interaction and relationship. The CDM has direct selling responsibility and leads an assigned product group(s) on the team. The CDM develops and executes customer-specific business plans that support and are aligned to J&J brand strategies. This role monitors key business metrics to track progress and adjust the plan as needed to deliver results. Additionally, the CDM uses business analytics to influence customer and company decision making at senior management levels. The CDM will be responsible for creating impactful, insights-based presentations in order to translate sales objectives into customer strategy. The CDM will have the opportunity to influence business plans and partner with the customer(s) on distribution, merchandising, promotion, and planogram placement and serve as “voice of customer” to the company to address customer needs and accomplish goals. This role will have the unique opportunity to provide input into the development of junior members supporting the team!
- This role is accountable for achieving shipment, consumption and share goals and growth.
- The CDM leads a trade promotion budget and strives for an optimal return on investment and ensures internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships with key business partners.
- Core responsibilities include but are not limited to developing and executing business plans to deliver sales results, including maximizing volume potential, increased merchandising effectiveness, growth of product group(s) and brand share.
- The CDM is responsible for accurate forecasting of monthly sales by franchise and/or brand and special packs/displays; leading annual business planning process within assigned account(s).
- The CDM role will utilize internal and customer business systems to lead and improve plans (i.e., LYNX and EDGE); regularly reconcile payments and update promotional plans to remain within budget.
- Qualified applicants will have a 4-year degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Candidates should have at least 4 years of experience in a consumer package goods environment is required.
- Ability to prioritize and to successfully lead multiple projects/initiatives.
- The ability to work in a matrix environment and to interpret, communicate and negotiate complex business situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications is a requirement.
- There will be a 50% domestic travel requirement of this role.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A