Website Johnson & Johnson
DePuy Synthes Compnies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- The Polish Operator will be responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications.
- Perform basic manual grinding and buffing, processing work to a finish stage according to blueprints and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
- Operate production equipment to produce sub-assemblies or finished products.
- Assist with set up of equipment.
- Perform visual and dimensional product inspection using drop indicators, venires, gauges and related equipment.
- Assist with quality control inspections of products on assembly line.
- Clean equipment as needed.
- Notify supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment.
- Prepare accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
- Report production problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a machine shop or production line environment is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 months of grinding and/or buffing precise finished products is required.
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes preferred.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Experience with routine machine inspection preferred.
- Experience with measuring devices preferred.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric tolerance dimensions preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Bedford, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A