New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
The Digital Exchange Architecture (DEA) team supports and operates the Enterprise IT Infrastructure that is provided by the suite of applications within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) organization. The DEA team is seeking an experienced Senior Oracle Architect. This will be an opportunity to apply your technical, communication and leadership skills and partner with other experts to design, implement and operate advanced web technologies to lead and shape the architecture of complex tools used by JPL.
- Analyze organizational business needs for information technology systems requirements.
- Develop information technology systems that will provide system capabilities required for projected workloads, and plans layout and installation of new system or modification of existing system.
- Confer within the organization with various managers and staff to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing system and capabilities required for information technology requirements of the future.
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows System Administration.
- Extensive Knowledge with Oracle Hardware stack including Oracle X8-2, X7-2, X6-2 and X5-2 servers, ZS7-2, ZS5-2 and ZS3-2 ZFS appliance, DE3-24P, DE3-24H disk shelves, Oracle ES1-24 Ethernet Switch, Oracle NM2-36P Infiniband Switch, Oracle Fabric Interconnect F1-15 switch, Juniper QFX 5100 series switches, Qlogic RAID controllers, Oracle ILOM, SAS, Infiniband and Ethernet cable management.
- Proficiency in Private Cloud Appliance (PCA) system administration including provisioning compute nodes, managing network clouds and tenant groups as well as PCA upgrades.
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems statistics and performance measuring tools such as top, vmstat, iostat, qperf, nfsstat and netstat to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar discipline with a minimum of 15 years of related experience; or Master’s degree in a similar discipline with a minimum of 13 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 11 years of related experience.
- Ability to tune kernel and hypervisor (Xen, KVM) parameters to achieve maximum performance.
- Ability to provision, configure and support Oracle VM infrastructure components such as OVS, OVM Manager, Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks and Virtual Storage.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing EMC enterprise storage arrays.
- Experience with Oracle Operations Center Enterprise Manager.
- Workflow Automation.
- Experience managing Brocade FC SAN fabrics, CLI and Brocade Network Advisor.
- Experience working with virtual environments (i.e. Oracle VM, VMware, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services).
- Experience working with Oracle WebLogic.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A