The JPL Acquisition Division has an exciting business part-time internship opportunity for an undergraduate studying Business Administration, or a related major, in our Commercial Subcontracts & Strategic Sourcing Section. This intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience in the application of subcontracts within Financial and Business Operations, to include issuing and managing active noncomplex and moderately complex subcontracts, purchase orders, and agreements; close-out of inactive subcontracts and agreements; providing support to the subcontract managers in the handling of complex, high-dollar subcontracts.
- Provide support to subcontract managers in developing and issuing solicitations for goods and services.
- Prepares documentation appropriate to the value of the subcontracts and necessary to satisfy internal audit and review requirements.
- Responsible for communication necessary to convey significant activities associated with the issuance of low dollar subcontracts internally and externally.
- Performs activities necessary to ensure the goods and services purchased are received in accordance with the price and delivery schedule and that closeout activities are handled promptly.
- Performs standard transactions that update the financial business process/systems based on departmental instructions.
- Works on day-to-day assignments under direct supervision; receives detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Uses applicable policies, procedures and practices as guides to determine work methods and deliver results.
- Seeks guidance in applying applicable policies, procedures and practices to new situations to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts primarily with immediate supervisor and team members within own organization.
- Participates on a team within own organization.
- Must be currently enrolled at least half-time at an accredited local college or university pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business or related discipline.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, with a maximum of 30 hours per week while in school.
- Ability to work full-time during the Summer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Completed coursework with exposure to standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in business communications and database spreadsheets.
- Prior internship experience in related business areas.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend and apply subcontracting principles in high-volume environment
- Participation in student organizations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel and the ability to resolve multifaceted issues.
- Punctual, details oriented, resourceful and a self-motivated individual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: California City, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A