Conducts surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects in compliance with Kohl’s Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines. Monitors customer and associate activity in the store to prevent potential theft of Kohl’s assets. Assists in monitoring store compliance with Kohl’s policies and procedures on theft deterrence, safety and operational controls. Implements and promotes store awareness programs addressing theft, safety and operational controls.
- Participates in raising awareness to shortage control and loss prevention programs through implementation of and participation in Shortage Control and Safety Meetings, new hire orientation for associates and regular touchbases with store associates
- Develops and maintains knowledge and use of CCTV surveillance equipment
- Monitors customer and associate activities in the store for potential theft of Kohl’s assets. Takes appropriate action to prevent theft; apprehends individuals engaged in theft activity when prevention is not effective
- Conducts surveillance and apprehension of external theft suspects in compliance with Kohl’s Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines
- Accurately completes all statistical and incident reports. Maintains all apprehension and investigation records according to Kohl’s standards
- Assists in internal theft investigations in compliance with Kohl’s Ethical Standards and Apprehension Guidelines
- Assists in monitoring store compliance with Kohl’s policies and procedures relating to theft deterrence, safety and operational controls, as assigned by Supervisor. Informs Supervisor and Store Management of shortage control opportunities
- Maintains a working knowledge of the store’s alarm system and EAS system
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time moving around the store, including stock storage areas, office areas, and the selling floor. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, standing, and reaching on a frequent basis.
- Associate must be capable of detaining theft suspects
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in stressful situations.
- Prior experience in Loss Prevention or educational background in Loss Prevention, security or law enforcement preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, basic math and reading skills and legible handwriting
- Adheres to Kohl’s policies and procedures and maintains high ethical standards
- Maintains attendance and dress code according to Kohl’s standards
- Engages in effective dialogue with LP Supervisor, DLPM, and Store Management team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A