This role is part of the Planning & Analysis team within the Centre of Excellence (CoE) and reports directly into the Senior Planning & Analysis Manager for the Insurance and Wealth division.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about line management, motivating and growing teams whilst aligning to stakeholder needs and requirements.
As the manager of the Insurance & Wealth CoE team you’ll take ownership and accountability for leading a team that is able to provide standard reporting, Flash and Month End Reporting packs; deliver controls activity including cost related financial transactions and reconciliations.
To successfully deliver in this role, you’ll build positive relationships with the teams you support and ensure your teams products and controls are delivered effectively and efficiently. Responsibilities include:
- Actively manage, develop and empower colleagues to build a robust and engaged team to achieve objectives and deliver above expectations
- Ensure SLAs are supervised and met each month
- Review of divisional cost performance and reporting, challenging where required, providing commentary and CoE analysis & insight
- Participate in testing of SOX or Group Financial controls, Quality Assistance Reviews or audits
- Prepare and provide insight into reconciliations and substantiation processes advising Insurance and Wealth Division of any follow up actions
- Liaising with Insurance and Wealth Finance and commercial managers to review, communicate and understand financial performance;
- Qualified management accountant (or qualified by experience)
- Continuously promote and embed a culture of process improvement within the team looking for opportunities to further standardise, centralise and improve the reporting output
- Be able to represent the Planning & Analysis team across all key stakeholders, including but not limited to the Centre of Excellence teams, Insurance & Wealth Finance team, Commercial Managers and other Group Reporting & Cost Management areas
- A self- starter who can prioritise their work optimally
- An adept communicator, with well-honed written, presentation and verbal communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A