The primary purpose of this role is to deliver infrastructure solutions in support of components of larger project-based solutions. The Cisco Voice Engineer typically supports projects being led by others or works on smaller project components with some oversight and guidance from more senior level engineers. This role occasionally delivers smaller project components independently. Provides technical support of LAN/WAN/SIP, IP Voice/ Video information technology. The Cisco Voice Engineer’s responsibilities are to primarily design, configure and implement Cisco CUCM Multi-Cluster VOIP SIP Networks environments.
- The Cisco Voice Engineer will be responsible with the design, programming, implementation and documentation of corporate-wide Multi Site Cisco CUCM/Unity VM IP PBX Rel.12.5 to support new store and supply chain configuration builds of wired and wireless phone programming, Cisco VG 310 voice gateway port configuration, and Unity Voicemail Administration Programming of Cisco CUCM Multi-Cluster B-Chassis and C-Chassis VM environments utilizing CM and VOSS Automation Application.
- Implements somewhat complex solutions requirements and functional specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems independently with guidance as needed
- Collaborates with other engineers to ensure flexible, scalable, and maintainable infrastructure systems are delivered
- Works with more senior level engineers to provide recommendations and input on options, risks, and benefits for infrastructure systems designs
- Writes and reviews clear technical specifications and documentation
- Develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments
- Develops and validates basic system design prototypes, ensuring system designs adhere to company architecture standards Builds basic hardware and/or software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure
Develops, validates, and executes basic infrastructure tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications
- Delivers the validation and testing of smaller, more basic components of larger infrastructure systems and revises key system components based on test results as appropriate
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services
- Master\’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- Experience with: Cisco Enterprise Router/Switch Environments, QOS, SIP Protocol.
- Cisco L2 switches, Cisco L3 router (Voice Configuration knowledge)
- 2900 Series
- ISR 1K
- Sonus/Cube SBC Controllers
- Communications – Good written and verbal communications with emphasis on spreadsheets and documentation. Attention to details required.
- Collaborate closely with other Engineers/Architects to align the technology architecture to the customer\’s mission and ensure customer success
- Cisco/Avaya Certifications (CCNAVoice/Data, CCNA Collaboration, Avaya ACA, ACS).
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
- Bachelor\’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 2 years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
- 2 years of IT experience in the retail industry
- 2 years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
- 2 years of experience leading projects with or without direct reports
- 2 years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A