The Sales Floor Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. Sales Floor Department Supervisors are responsible for customer-facing activities (e.g., greeting customers, clarifying needs and identifying solutions, closing sales), non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down stocking, inventory management, area recovery) and store safety (e.g., conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding safety and lifting directions).
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Floor Department Supervisor, this means:
- Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping customers provide the best service.
- Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as providing input into merchandising decisions.
- Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of rental customers (Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
- 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (Pro and Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
- Experience working in a tool or other product rental sector (Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
- 3 years of retail customer service experience.
- Experience managing a Profit and Loss statement (Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
- 1 year of experience in customer service.
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
- Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
- 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
- Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
- Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A