Website Majid Al Futtaim
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a valuable part of the Development team and will report to the Project Director – PM-COE. The SPM will take a leadership role in the delivery of a number of developments or large and complex developments, from inception to handover including all key gateways in accordance with the development brief and within agreed cost/time/quality parameters. In addition, the SPM is expected to contribute to the development of the department’s portfolio wide strategic initiatives.
- Assist the development team in establishing the design and development briefs for the development, including the overall masterplan, the functional criteria, outline concept design and financial performance of the development.
- Establish and maintain a Master Development Programme.
- Advance the department and company’s knowledge, understanding and experience of all construction related matters.
- Maintain awareness of regional industry, legislative and professional changes and ensure best practice is embedded within project delivery.
- Appoint a consultant team to assist with the development as necessary and develop the Scheme Design through staged gateway sign offs.
- Assist the development team with the planning, consents. permits and other regulatory applications for consent.
- Assist the development team discussions with appropriate outside groups who may influence the development or construction including any Tenant, Purchaser or Fund, JV Partner, Development partner, adjoining owner, environmental group, archaeological department, statutory undertaker.
- Assist and Advise the Development team in the negotiation of tenant leases ensuring detailed landlord and tenant obligations are clearly understood, costed and analysed. Ensure any specific landlord obligations are incorporated into the landlords design.
- Assist and advise on the annual list of consultants and contractors for approval.
- Assist with the delivery of the approved Business Plan.
- Identify and manage key department, project development and construction risks.
- Maintain good relationships with all major consultant and contracting groups, project managers and key design firms.
- Contribute to the development of the department by championing strategic initiatives to develop best practice processes, procedures, controls and systems.
- Manage individual team member’s personal corporate and project objectives, monitoring progress and mentoring more junior team members.
- Experience of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering
- Sound Knowledge of health and safety, contract law, environment and building regulations
- Excellent IT skills
- Effective communicator with excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent. Certification in Project Management is highly desirable.
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry best practice.
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Results and focused individual
- Minimum 12 years work experience in Construction and Project Management function within the Hospitality, Residential sectors. Extended experience in the UAE or GCC is desirable and will be looked upon favorably.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills using a flexible pragmatic approach
- Enthusiastic and able to inspire others
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team (both internally and external consultants etc.) on multi projects or large and complex projects
- Experience of managing budgets and forecasting expenditure
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A