Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the restaurant kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the property’s restaurant. Works with team to improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Develops and trains team to improve results.
- Knows and implements company safety standards.
- Supervises and manages restaurant kitchen employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Understands the impact of kitchen operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Developing specific guidance and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily kitchen operations work.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
- Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the restaurant.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Communications production needs to key personnel.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Estimates daily restaurant production needs.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for restaurant.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regulations.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A