Process all guest check-ins, verifying guest identity, form of payment, assigning room, and activating/issuing room key. Set up accurate accounts for each guest according to their requirements. Enter Marriott Rewards information. Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions. Secure payment prior to issuing room key, verify/adjust billing. Compile and review daily reports/logs/contingency lists. Complete cashier and closing reports. Supply guests with directions and property information. Accommodate guest requests, contacting appropriate staff if necessary. Follow up to ensure requests have been met. Process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, and charges. Balance and drop receipts. Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift. Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures. Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g., Saflok) and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Ask for and enter Marriott Rewards information (e.g., number, name, address) when taking reservation or checking guest in.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Respond to special requests from guests/residents with unique needs.
- Arithmetic Computation
- Computer Skills
- Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures when computer system is down.
- Problem Solving
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- Count bank at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A