Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A