Manages the Events Sales Team daily, ensuring a seamless process from initial enquiry, booking conversion, through to turnover to Operations, and back to sales. Ensures the implementation and adherence to sales and event brand standards for enquiry handling, event planning, pre & post-event. Develops and trains events team to deliver exceptional telephone sales experience throughout the booking experience. Coordinates with all relevant hotel departments, and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the Event. Responsible for team conversion to achieve hotel group and catering budget and crossover goal. Leads execution of activities to support the event management and group strategies. Responsible for financial reporting, including analysis and forecast activity. Ensures team recognize the opportunities to maximize revenue by upselling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Responsible for monitoring the optimization of the hotels meeting room inventory and collaborates on group room inventory with revenue and sales. Ensures excellent show round process in collaboration with Hotel Sales team. Owner of data integrity and IT processes relevant to the role.
- Correct use of systems to ensure booking integrity, consistency & accuracy.
- Involved in developing & implementing an Event Management strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Ensures brand standards & systems processes are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Researches and analyses new products and pricing and services of competition. Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
- Works closely through pre-event & post-event brand standard processes with Event Operations including Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology to ensure a successful customer journey is achieved every time.
- Collation of post-event critiques from all departments and ensure effective feedback process at the weekly BEO/Operations meeting to improve guest satisfaction.
- Ownership for assigning Events to Event Organiser(s)
- Personal management for larger, more complex or high-profile groups/bookings
- Coordination, communication and completing verbally and in writing with the customer and Event Coordinator the details of an event up to the day of event execution.
- Expertise in menu planning, food presentation, meeting room set ups, audiovisual and banquet service standards.
- Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges / conflicts.
- Generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
- Responsible for the departments monthly Balance scorecard and critique.
- Responsible for implementing new initiatives for the Event Management Discipline using Land-it.
- Facilitates regular & ensures ongoing communication is happening in all areas between event planning & event operations (e.g. BEO meetings, pre-event briefings, post event critiques). Attends all BEO/Operations meeting to ensure accurate communication of customer needs & objectives.
- Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve KPI results.
- Financial Management: Proposes and manages the Event Managers annual operating budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations; including office costs, supplier costs and sales generating strategy costs e.g. Meetings & events marketing activity and involvement in pricing strategy.
- Ensures successful performance by maximizing profitability and providing a return on investment of the Event Management team.
- Operations: Ensures planning, pre & post event, brand standards are implemented to required KPIs. Owner of system standards and process at hotel. Effectively manages the relationship with Sales, the LSO and other departments across the hotel.
- Responsible for the communication process within Event Management.
- Guest Satisfaction: Ensures products and services delivered by Event Managers meet or exceed guest expectations, create customer loyalty and grow market share.
- Take ownership and accountability for the customer from initial enquiry or handover from LSO, through to handover to Operations to ensure intent to return after an event.
- Human Resources: Ensures relevant training development for Event team members. Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the brand’s culture, ensures fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
- Sales and Revenue Management: Builds the unit’s top line revenue by focusing the event management team on conversion of profitable enquiries and optimal diary management.
- Maximizes revenue by up selling contracted products to event planners and attendees.
- Internal communications to hotel on the importance of Event Management and host, delegate & organiser satisfaction to drive intent to return & additional sales.
- Responsible for Marriott Bonvoy selling & processing for all Corporate hosts and organizers.
- Responsible for Meetings & Events Marketing communications.
- Works hand-in-hand with Director of Sales & Marketing in obtaining the best possible sales opportunities for the hotel.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A