Leads and provides strategic direction for enterprise business continuity and disaster recovery across the Marriott IT Systems. This role is responsible for communicating, developing, implementing, maintaining, and managing both the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery programs. The objectives of these programs are to support timely operations and IT recovery following the occurrence of an outage or major disaster that may result in a partial or complete disruption of business and IT operations. This candidate will need to ensure that critical services and capabilities remain operational, appropriate communications to stakeholders are conducted, and financial and reputation loss is minimized. The Senior Director will plan and coordinate business continuity and disaster recovery strategies that comply with applicable regulations and are directly aligned to our organizational and IT objectives.
- Oversees the execution of BC and DR plans when IT and/or major business operations disruptions occur
- Initiates and manages data center recovery capacity planning coordination with key IT technology groups in support of specific business unit initiatives (current, planned and new), focusing on proactively ensuring an adequate recovery network and processing environment, as well as accurate and predictive budgeting
- Conducts contingency planning including identifying potential business interruptions, developing safeguards against disruptions, and implementing recovery procedures that includes consideration for cloud delivered applications and services
- Provides leadership and strategy for Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) program Plan. Uses executive presence to establish credibility within the organization
- Builds and executes, and manages enterprise-wide BC and DR including strategies, plan development, and related exercises
- Manages the execution and completion of all BC and DR test activities and identifies recommendations to improve process, plans, and procedures.
- Develops and maintains close partnerships with discipline management, external business partners, and key IT staff for all BC and DR planning, testing, and execution
- Manages and enforces contracts, along with associated service-level agreements (SLAs), for external IT BC and DR service providers, as required.
- Assumes management responsibility for BC and DR (including data-center-specific and non-data-center-specific IT infrastructure), with a major focus on achieving all financial estimates, ensuring adequacy of end-state production recovery environments, meeting all strategic planning deliverables, and coordinating activities of technology resources with key business units and development groups, as required
- Develops business recovery plans and procedures.
- Manages risk through identifying and categorizing outage exposures that could cause a business disruption and understands insurance and vendor agreements to safeguard against a disaster event
- Manages related IT budgets (capital and operational), annual program agendas, and recovery improvement metrics
- Participates in assessments of the impact of potential disruptions in IT services (on premise and hosted), including declaring a disaster and activating the IT DR plan
- Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in influence and garnering alignment from external organizations
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Extremely high level of analytical ability with complex problems.
- ITILv4 certification
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
- Lodging operations experience
- Broad technical acumen across multiple technical disciplines (Server, Middleware, Networks etc.) with a solid knowledge of current technologies
- Ability to align change management strategies with project.
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them, and presenting/selling them to senior management.
- IT operations experience
- Technology BCM certifications
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment.
- Strong business acumen across multiple business disciplines (Sales and Marketing, Finance, etc.) and experience working with discipline leads
- Experience applying measurement processes/methods for assessing IR DR effectiveness outputs and outcomes or progress toward goals and objectives.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, to help lead and influence change
- Ability to command the process across all levels to create a customer-focused organization.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in both business continuity and disaster recovery
- 5+ years information technology leadership experience (including budget management)
- Undergraduate degree in computer sciences or related major
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Application Deadline: N/A