Prepare breads and pastries, including preparing doughs and fillings, proofing, baking, and decorating as appropriate. Review Production sheet to understand variety of baked goods to be produced daily. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists. Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance. Keep Chef informed of excess food items for planning of daily specials. Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods. Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures. Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management. Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including safety and security; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach common goals; handle sensitive issues with tact, respect, and confidentiality.
- Serve as a department role model or mentor.
- Comply with quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Al Ain, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A