At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- Is able to perform the duties of an Event Planning Executive when required
- Creating the proposals, contracts and other related documents for events and conferences that are received
- Strong knowledge of hotel product; selling features, benefits
- Produces contracts, proposals, invoices, function sheets and other related booking documentation.
- Ensure follow up takes place with clients and opportunities are sought for repeat bookings.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction including ESS and BDRC scores.
- Ensures effective resolution of guest issues that may arise. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership team as appropriate
- Participates in customer site inspections for groups and events
- Uses Meeting Rewards program to build loyalty and improve conversion
- Liaise closely with clients to establish needs and expectations and maintain records to develop sales opportunities.
- Prepares and maintains accurate account information, profiles, activities and traces in Opera
- Responds to inquiries/requests in the defined timeline. Processes all correspondence within acceptable agreed timelines.
- Implements a seamless turnover to the Event Planning team for consistency and completion
- Convert business through proposal, negotiation and contractual agreement to ensure all revenue potential and targets are achieved.
- Suggests positive alternatives through cross-referrals, and ensures that business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Customer service – Internal and External
- Extensive knowledge of sales & catering, events planning and hospitality operating
- systems i.e. Fidelio Opera
- One-year experience in in EBC environment, sales & marketing or related
- professional area
- Personal effectiveness
- Able to work independently and within a team
- An effective team player in a team-based environment
- A recognized qualification in Events Management or Hospitality Management would be advantageous
- Effective time management skills
- Proactive and reliable
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A