Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to functions, make introductions, and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable. Read and analyze banquet event order in order to gather guest information, determine proper set up, timeline, specific guest needs, buffets, action stations, etc. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Follow up on special banquet event arrangements to ensure compliance.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Notify management of maintenance repairs issues.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg , Gauteng, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A