At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- Good daily planning and forecasting planning skills to meet deadlines with regards to functions, service, operations and administration.
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Maintain and uplift the quality, presentation and food on offer through effective supervision and on the job training of staff, as well as effective organization and planning
- Manage and control department financial budgets – staff productivity, food cost and variable expenses.
- Complete all daily duties as set out in departmental duties and requirements
- Compliant to workplace policies, rules, procedures and standards
- Assist with preparation and be responsible for the execution of all service periods and function from the ground floor kitchen.
- Bi-monthly stock takes and O/E counts.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication, guest relations
- Good supervisory, planning and staff delegation ensuring deadlines are met
- Good attention to detail
- A recognised qualification plus three years’ experience within a similar operation and level of responsibilities
- Must have 5 years practical kitchen experience
- Experience in Pastry a la carte and Banqueting functions
- Menu engineering and implementation
- Good understanding of food trends locally & internationally
- Proactive, self-motivated Individual with good professional work ethic
- Basic administrative and computer skills – ordering, handovers, “check” system, MEP lists, SOP files
- Employee Relations and skills development training
- Flexible and reliable
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and HACCP
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A