Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s Rooms department. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the quality of property’s rooms. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Works with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
- Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and promotions at the residence.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Reviews and audits expenses.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A