Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and employee cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing) as applicable.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Knows and implements the brand’s safety standards.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Provides direction for menu development.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A