Protea Hotels by Marriott® is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest a personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today!
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the hotel leadership teams.
- Monitors hotel operations sales performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine hotel operations performance against budget.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.
- Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A