Join our amazing team and deliver unforgettable and memorable experiences. We are recruiting for an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude. Reporting to the Night Management , the successful candidate will be required to engage and interact with Guest , provide excellent Customer Service and maintain the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town and in accordance with Marriott International Hotels standards, policies and procedures.
- An appropriate recognized qualification would be advantageous
- Professional Disposition
- Proficiency in all MS office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- People centric with a strong focus on the Guest experience
- Professional telephone and communication etiquette
- Sound financial acumen
- Ability to work without supervision and within a team
- Required to work rostered shifts and irregular hours as per operational requirements
- Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
- At least 2- 3 years’ experience in a similar position within a 4/5 star Hotel environment
- Ability to use Initiative and be proactive and self-driven
- Working Knowledge in Fidelio Opera
- Flexible working hours as well as available to work weekends and Public holidays as per operational requirements
- Strong and effective communication and problem solving skills / conflict management
- Process all guest check-ins and assign room.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Responsible to maintain a float and adhere to standard operating policies and procedures in relation to deposits and the reporting thereof.
- Activate or reissue room keys using electronic key machine.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date.
- Attend to all guest needs, including but not limited to, registration, check-in and check-out of guest and cashiering.
- Operate telephone switchboard station, process requests for wake up calls, and advise guest of any messages. Complete the Room Rate Variance Report.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Perform other duties as and when required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, USA
Application Deadline: N/A