Identifies and addresses employee and organizational development needs. The position is to ensure effective on-job training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. On-job training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, operating systems , and customer service and leadership skills. Assists in conducting needs assessments, designing and developing training programs and facilitating the delivery of both custom and corporate on-job training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
- Develops specific training to improve service performance.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
- Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
- Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Assists with making any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Assists with establishing guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
- Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
- Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
- Reviews guest comments, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Assists with managing department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental expenditures.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 year experience in related professional area; certified trainer.
- Assists with the development of the Training budget as required.
- Assists with managing budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial goals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AUS
Application Deadline: N/A