Manages rooms and function space inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits. Responsible for building all rates, packages and hotel sales strategy information in the hotel(s)’ inventory systems. The position recommends pricing and positioning of cluster properties. In addition, the position oversees the inventory management system to verify appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies. Responsible for the analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory in a given market or cluster. Position prepares forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections and analyzes the progress of each. Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities
- Develops and/or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Generates updates on transient segment each period.
- Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
- Maintains accurate reservation system information.
- Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Creates weekly forecast for property operations and staffing purposes
- Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
- Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space – three-month and six month, long range and budget.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Creates long range forecast for rooms and catering by segment and updates forecast every period.
- Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
- Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space
- Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation centers.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
- Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and eCommerce channels
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
- Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
- Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
- Manages function space authorizations, restrictions and rental.
- Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers
- Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
- Prepares sales strategy critique.
- Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all brands.
- Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
- Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel(s) and responsible for maximizing transient revenue.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Application Deadline: N/A