Website Midrand, Gauteng, ZA
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s Rooms department. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the quality of property’s rooms. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
- Ensures that employees understand expectations and parameters for Room duties.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- General Hotel Operations – Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/hotel-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Detail Orientation – The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A