Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Serves as Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
- Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
- Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Ensures associates understand customer service expectations and parameters.
- Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successfully daily operations.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of associate and guest accidents.
- Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Intervenes in any guest/associate situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and associate well being is preserved.
- Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and providing feedback to individuals.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Understands and, if necessary, implements all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Skukuza, Mpumalanga, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A