Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s Rooms Operations. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, , Recreation/Health Club and Housekeeping. Position works with direct reports (department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms Operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures associate satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. As a member of the Executive Committee, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and associates and provides a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Fosters associate commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and associates.
- Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
- Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
- Works with Rooms management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A