Provides thought leadership and strategic direction to Infrastructure senior management. Leads the reporting and analytics function that supports the Infrastructure Delivery and Shared Services (IDSS) organization. Oversees growth of Infrastructure Data Platform and business intelligence (BI) services across IDSS organization. Leads strategic and organizational-level planning exercises, provides leadership to functional experts, engages in the development of communications/storyboarding, strategy materials, and delivers reporting and analytics used to manage the performance of the towers within the Infrastructure Delivery organization (e.g., cloud, network, etc.).
- Proactively stay abreast of data sources and identify best internal and external data sources in response to business requests.
- Create and sustain a work environment that drives associate engagement and enables business success.
- Develop and manage appropriate operating models and capabilities to support the Infrastructure organizations strategic vision
- Direct the development of reporting and analytics to monitor business critical results
- Develop and implement opportunities for higher level analytics for data drive decision making and operational performance optimization
- Define and drive best practices around descriptive analytics
- Assist the Infrastructure leadership team on the development and maintenance of Infrastructure 3-year road maps in alignment with enterprise and technology strategies
- Work with the Infrastructure leadership team to track and report on key KPIs and strategies that maximize the value streams on technology investments
- Provide internal communications support to the Infrastructure leadership team; functions as the liaison with the broader communications and change management function
- Lead KPI development and reporting to leadership for financial reporting and performance management
- Lead/assist senior Infrastructure leaders in the strategic planning and developing strategies for growth and value creation
- Coordinate with senior Infrastructure leaders on the development of annual business plans and strategic initiatives
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place and executed to drive collaboration and alignment within the team and with the broader IT organization.
- Serve as a role model and ensure that the team members are visible and effective partners with IT counterparts, broader Marriott stakeholders, and service providers.
- Demonstrate extensive Operational and Support experience with strong ITIL alignment Good Practices (i.e., Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Capacity Management, Release Management, Service Level Management)
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them, and presenting/selling them to senior management.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to command the process across all levels to create a customer-focused organization.
- Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies.
- Agile/Scrum certifications
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to overcome barriers while driving change
- Experience in developing strategies, strategic planning, storyboarding, and road map development
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, to help lead and influence change
- Graduate Degree (e.g., MBA)
- Experience working in Infrastructure Operations
- Extremely high level of analytical ability with complex problems.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in influence and garnering alignment from external organizations
- Ability to align change management strategies with project.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in project management methodologies
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, business administration and/or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience in delivering technical solutions
- 10+ years’ experience with an emphasis on strategy, business operations support, business analytics.
- 3+ years’ experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Technology transformations and modern technology platforms
- Creating business presentations and communications for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Skilled at converting business priorities into technology requirements and managing performance
- Managing initiatives using Agile development methodologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Application Deadline: N/A