Join our amazing team and create and deliver unforgettable and memorable Guest Experiences. We are recruiting for Professional, Guest Centric, vibrant and enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude. Reporting to the Food and Beverage Management, the successful candidate will be required to perform bar duties but not limited to perform serving duties at dinners and events, Set up, stock control, and maintain work areas, barman and waiter functions and perform other duties and enhance the guest experience whilst providing exceptional service. Be a Westin Ambassador and maintaining the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town Hotel in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures within a pressurized environment.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order
- Serve food and alcoholic beverages to guests. Answer questions on menu selections.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of work areas, bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines.
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment.
- 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar position within a 5-star hotel environment
- Attention to detail pertaining to area responsibility
- People centric with a strong focus on the Guest experience
- Well-groomed appearance as per company standards at all times
- Professional and pleasant disposition
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible working hours as well as available to work weekends , Public holidays, opening and closing shifts when rostered as per operational requirements
- Ability to work without supervision and within a team
- Required to work rostered shifts and irregular hours as per operational requirements
- Good financial skills
- Cash handling/cash up procedures in accordance with company standards
- Physically fit to perform manual labour
- Experience in MICROS system
- Good cocktail skills
- Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time while accommodating guests effectively and politely.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A