Accountable for overall success of the daily pastry operations. Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all pastry areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all pastry food preparation areas.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regulations.
- Develops, designs, or creates new ideas and items for pastry kitchen.
- Monitors and provides service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
- Assists the Executive Chef with menu development associated with pastry.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Supports service by communicating and assisting employees to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Represents the property in media events as needed.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired results.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Supervises pastry preparation shift operations.
- Facilitates pastry classes for customers and the community.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in pastry preparation.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Supervises and manages employees; understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A