To operate the front of the House operations including the Food and Beverage Outlets, Banquet Department and Pantry. Expectation is to operate in a manner that will meet and exceed the expectations of the guest resulting in above brand requirement GSS results. Focus will be through a commitment of maximizing the Food & Beverage Department profitability through capitalizing on revenue generating opportunities, creating expense efficiencies and continued motivation and “hands on” support for all Team Members.
- Position is directly responsible for all the food and beverage operations, which includes 2 restaurants, Starbucks, In Room Dining and Banquets operations
- Manage the Human Resources within the department. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel and performance reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and recommend termination to GM and HRD as appropriate.
- Consulting with executive chef and other department stakeholders to review potential F&B menus (Outlets and Banquets); evaluates popularity of past menu options, maintaining brand requirements and utilizing customer feedback and trends.
- To communicate expectations to all direct reports through departmental orientation, conduct daily/weekly huddles to energize and motivate team members, performance appraisal, monthly departmental meetings, weekly department head meeting
- Manage all aspects of the departmental technology including POS system, Meeting Services App – including programming, training, reporting and troubleshooting.
- Champion the compliance with the requirements of the Brand Standards Audit (BSA) throughout entire department via self-audits and training/development of front line staff
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department’s business/marketing plan and annual revenue and operating budget; Continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor, food and beverage, and supply costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives,
- With department managers/supervisors, observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the various outlets and meeting rooms; logging deficiencies into GXP tracking system and following up for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems by utilizing the Guest Service Scores tracking (GSS) to ensure a quality experience and employee performance
- Provide hands on floor leadership and coaching that fosters an environment of problem solving, service, teamwork, accuracy and speed, improved business practices and attract and retain superior talent on the team.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service level; review feedback from guests through Social Media and Guest Satisfaction Surveys (GSS) and drive goals to increase scores
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Food & Beverage Manager in a hotel or large conference facility
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Computer proficient in hotel management software, billing, payroll and Microsoft Office
- Extensive knowledge of food, beverage, wine and industry trends
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A