Plays a significant role in maximising finance performance and attracting hotel and non hotel guests to the venue by understanding the local market and partnering with the culinary leadership to effectively position the venue. Supervises daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and talent satisfaction. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implement plan.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AUS
Application Deadline: N/A