Manages rooms and function space inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits. Responsible for building all rates, packages and hotel sales strategy information in the hotel(s)’ inventory systems. The position recommends pricing and positioning of cluster properties. In addition, the position oversees the inventory management system to verify appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies. Responsible for the analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory in a given market or cluster. Position prepares forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections and analyzes the progress of each. Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities
- Maintains accurate reservation system information.
- Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Generates updates on transient segment each period.
- Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
- Establishes long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
- Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
- Creates weekly forecast for property operations and staffing purposes
- Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
- Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space – three-month and six month, long range and budget.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Creates long range forecast for rooms and catering by segment and updates forecast every period.
- Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
- Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
- Promotes and protects brand equity.
- Prepares sales strategy critique.
- Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all brands.
- Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
- Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel(s) and responsible for maximizing transient revenue.
- Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers
- Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
- Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
- Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation centers.
- Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and eCommerce channels
- Ensures all hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR) and revenue per available square foot (RevPAS).
- Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
- Manages function space authorizations, restrictions and rental.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Application Deadline: N/A