We are looking for a Director to join the Global Data Strategy, Activation and Operations (GDSAO) team and lead our marketing data infrastructure and analytics capabilities. This position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing data-related strategy, development, operations, and adoption of data products. This position will collaborate with data engineers/scientists, campaign managers, and marketing leaders to enable platforms, customer intelligence, build audiences, activate hyper-personalized campaigns, and recommend proactive measures to enable better business decisions every day. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role interacting directly with Marriott’s leaders across Data Strategy as well as the Brand & Marketing organization. The Director will work with stakeholders, partners, and direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures integration of ad tech & mar tech with our data platform and related capabilities. He/she will provide technical and strategic consulting to large-scale data and analytics projects; outline system and business process changes needed to improve the quality of data capabilities and support other key initiatives in the areas of data governance, data management, and analytics.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Foster a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Update stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engage leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assist direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
- Interview and hire employees.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicit employee feedback.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilize an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Promote adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Foster employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporate customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Promote the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitate regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Knowledge of underlying marketing tech and internal data sources, database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity
- Oversee the broader data strategy and effectively prioritize implementation tactics to ensure they are in line with overall organizational goals and long-term business strategies.
- Define the long-term technical product vision supporting the functional areas of cross-channel marketing strategy, operations, campaign reporting and measurement.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or similar quantitative discipline required
- Eight or more years of experience demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in data management, analytics, data warehousing, or marketing technology
- Partner with key stakeholders to clearly define the current tech/data/products gaps in digital identity and paid & owned media campaign lifecycle.
- Manage vendors/technical staff to build the infrastructure to support data & reporting solutions in AWS, Snowflake, Tableau, Python, etc.
- Experience with design and engineering of complex data flows and systems in the Marketing industry/domain required
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for digital marketing & paid media data
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Application Deadline: N/A