At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision. Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio).
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and shut-offs for buildings.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display proficiency in any one of the following categories, above average skills in two more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building management.
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Display basic ability to repair or replace PVC copper pipe (including soldering).
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
- Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area. Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Display working knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs. Perform mid-level troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A