MEC is an equal opportunity employer. We’re proud to work with our people to create a diverse workplace, which accommodates individuals of all abilities, backgrounds and identities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Tell us what you need during the hiring process, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Everyone strives to deliver an experience that feels uniquely MEC. Our Department Managers focus on these four key areas.
- Leadership: You are creative in how you motivate your team to deliver exceptional service. You communicate regularly, either one-on-one or in huddles, so the team understands how performance is meeting targets. You ensure the shifts you oversee hit their goals and hold the team accountable. You help make MEC a good neighbor. You’re willing to fill-in at other locations when called upon. You ensure there’s good communication between you, the team members, and the Store Manager to ensure consistent store conditions and staff morale.
- Praise and Care: You establish a culture of feedback within your store, where team members thrive. You genuinely care for the wellbeing of your staff, not just their work performance. You understand life’s pressures and offer flexibility to your staff to meet their needs whenever you can.
- Recruit, train and develop: You love recruiting people who naturally bring it. You ensure staff are properly trained in procedures and processes.
- You help coach staff, working shoulder to shoulder on the job. You live the values in everything you do and model you what “great” looks like.
- You learn from your Store Manager how to be creative in motivating the team to deliver a uniquely MEC place to shop.
- Hard skills: Extensive experience in retail sales, store operations and in driving results. Experience in growing market share. A talent for succession planning and people management.
You are good natured and have a welcoming vibe. You’re outgoing and genuinely like helping people. You’re stoked about being active outside. You have flexibility to work a variety of shifts from Sunday to Saturday. Bonus points if you have retail or customer service experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A